Our company is highly environmentally conscious with our green manufacturing processes and recent ISO 140001 recertification. Allison is very environmentally friendly as shown below:
- Reduction in chemical usage by 20% year over year.
- Phased out 90% of aerosol cans (2012).
- Reduction in trash waste by 50 tons/year (2013).
- Made various lighting upgrades over the years to include LED, sensors, etc.
- Removed hazardous waste streams at Plant 17 (2016)
- Added knife gates to control any chemical release on site with gate closure to ensure no material leaves the facility.
- Repaired fire loop at the facility that was accredited to over 1M gallons of water leaking (2016).
- Obtained Environmental Stewardship Program (ESP) member in 2018. This is an elite membership and provides many benefits regarding reporting, inspections and engagement.
- Designed and built new Power House with energy efficient boilers now in use (2019).
- Improved infrastructure and energy efficiency by replacing rooftop units and/or HVAC throughout facility (2019).
Below is some details of how much ATI Indy has recycled in 2019 (thru September).
- Aluminium Cans - 3,234 lbs.
- Cardboard - 243,607 lbs.
- e-Waste (electronics/wire) - 30,059 lbs.
- Mixed Plastics - 199,617 lbs.
- Pallets / Wood (sold) - 787,815 lbs.
- Scrap Metals - 14,445,712 lbs.