Hourly Job Application Process
Allison Transmission is committed to bringing on hardworking individuals who share our foundational values and company goals. We want to recruit, hire and develop talented and experienced individuals to challenge us, push us toward the future and bring along bright and new ideas.
- Visit the Hourly Positions page to see if we are accepting applications. If we are, the process will continue as follows. If we aren't, continue to check back to the site in the future to see if positions have become available.
- Fill out an online application here.
- Complete an online work questionnaire - this should take about 20 minutes.
- Come to Allison for a computer-based manufacturing assessment - this should take about two hours.
- Take a production simulation assessment at Allison - this should take about six hours.
- Schedule an online interview.
Once all of these steps are completed, you’ll be placed into a group of individuals who are ready to be reviewed when we hire again. As soon as a position opens, qualified applicants will receive an offer to go through the pre-employment processes.
You’ll begin your career in Warehouse Services. After the initial placement, employees are given the opportunity to apply to transfer to other production positions and will be placed in order of seniority as openings become available.
As you move through each of these steps, we’ll contact you to schedule the next step via email, mail or phone. We have a lot of applicants, so sometimes this process can take up to six months. Know that we are working through the applications, even if you don’t hear from us for a few months in between steps.
If you’d like to check your application status or update your contact information, click here.
The only way to apply for a position is through the online application system. We won’t accept resumés that are faxed, mailed, emailed or delivered.
If you have questions, or if you have technical difficulties during this process, send an email to email@example.com. Include your name, the problem you’re having and your telephone number.